Windmill Testing

.
Summary:
Today we finally got around to testing our windmill designs. Each pair of students brought their windmill blades to the front of the class, placed them atop the tower, and hooked up a multimeter (which was used to measure voltage). We then used an electric fan to test their design in low, medium, and high winds. The winners for the cluster were Sabrina Souza and Kaleigh Lonergan. Their clean, sleek design generated 520 mV of electricity. The conversions are a little messy, as they deal with both voltage and current, but I think a life-size version of their design would be powerful enough to power the entire school at least. Great job, Kaleigh and Sabrina!

Resources:
May 30 – Windmill Testing (pg716).docx

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s